Sunday, August 9, 2009

San Diego House

So the San Diego version of the Chappell/Cummings homestead remains fairly well unoccupied, with the possible exception of my hanging out in it for most of August whilst I work here in San Diego. It's an odd feeling to be back in the house from whence you moved with none of your belongings, sleeping on an air mattress, and cooking/eating everything with the one spoon you have.

My sister is moving in over the next few weeks and months, though not sure when all five dogs are gonna show up. I've alerted the neighbors that they are going to have five barking voices instead of the normal two, and they're fine with it. They're actually pretty stoked to have a firefighter in close residence, always an asset to have a first responder living close by.

I'm glad that I'm able to rent it out to a relative like my sister, instead of having to go through the process of renting it out to strangers. It would have been helpful to enlist a property management company, like Real Property Management, who'll work with you even if you're only renting one house.

No comments: