In fact the cookies are so good they pass the highest level gluten free test, which is people who don't know, have one and say "these are gluten free?". Yeah they're so good you can't tell they're gluten free. Here's the recipe.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 ½ cups Pamela's Baking Mix
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat together.
- Add Pamela's Baking Mix and beat together.
- Add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Scoop dough in approximately 1 tbsp balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or just until top or edges turn light golden brown.
Granted this isn't truly from scratch since the primary ingredient is Pamela's Baking Mix, but I think for the noble goal of eating fresh, home made chocolate chip cookies, we'll ignore that these aren't truly technically from scratch.
This recipe is also so delicious that it got picked up and published on Yahoo Voices, so you can read about Awesome Gluten Free Cookies over there as well.