Friday, March 3, 2017

Old Guys Rule

As part of a general continuing series of "Stuff I meant to post earlier in the year, but got sidetracked", here are some pictures of your intrepid blogger and my awesome volleyball companion Tom. This same photo also represents the Grand Forks, North Dakota 2-Person Sand league champions.  We may look like an amalgam of knee braces, gray hair and receding hairlines (conveniently hidden with a hat), but the reality is we're a fearsome flurry of swear words and crafty old-man volleyballness. 
Previous finishes have included a couple of second places, and third and fourth a few other times, but this was our first championship.  Without revealing too much embarrassing information, I'll say that I'm no longer a spring chicken and Tom easily has several years on me, but over the course of the season we beat multiple other teams that were literally half our age.  As I get older there's some special joy in such things. 

No comments: