Saturday, May 16, 2015

Blast from the past: Graduation Time

The other day my mom brought me something that I guess has been hiding in a closet for the past 19 years. It was a poster of the U.S. that I made using the return addresses of all the schools that recruited me during high school. Nearly all of the schools contacted me for track, though a few were for general academics. I was called to our high school's administration office on a regular basis to pick up these letters - some schools sent me multiple letters (note that athletic recruiting is very different now with email and social media, none of which was around in 1996). I tried to count the schools and I came up with 92, but it's possible that I miscounted.
While it was fun to see the poster, I'm not quite sure what to do with it now. I felt that a blog post might be the best way to send it on its way. John thinks that since we spent the time to laminate it, I should keep it, but I'm not sold on the idea yet. Any suggestions?

No comments: